Campaign Expertise: Event Marketing, Social Media Marketing , Strategic Local Business Partnerships, National and Local Media Relations
Fast Society, the ultimate group messaging app that was “built to party” helps socially active people get the party started by allowing users to easily create instant, short-term groups that combine group text messaging and one-touch conference calling. The app works on any phone, on any carrier and is a universal experience. All messaging happens through one SMS short code keeping the conversation fluid and natural. All of this is done privately within a user’s group keeping the experience intimate. The app can be downloaded on the company website or on Apple iTunes.
Fast Society launched their group messaging app during 2011 South by Southwest Festival.
Group messaging was situated to be the stand out tech trend of 2011, and Fast Society, a new group messaging smart phone app that is
built to party”, was launching just in time for the 2011 South by Southwest Interactive Festival (SXSWi) with a VIP Tech & Media Launch Lunch on Sunday, March 11, 2011 from noon to 3:00 pm followed the ultimate SXSW Party.
One Clipboard, a New York based event planning firm which excellently planned the Fast Society launch parties, contacted Jette Momant PR & Events to assist with local and national media relations, secue local event attendees and procure local event sponsorships for the Fast Society SXSW VIP Lunch and VIP House Party.
Jetté Momant PR & Event Productions researched Fast Society and other group messaging apps slated to be introduced at SXSW 2011. After gathering this information, we created a comprehensive media kit which included:
- A fact sheet about Fast Society and the Fast Society founders
- A press release that introduced Fast Society and showcased its unique features which set it apart from the other group messaging apps. The release also included details of the SXSW parties.
- Information about past print, online and TV media mentions and features garnered by Fast Society
Portion of Press Release:
“My Mom ruined Facebook,” says Rosenberg. He promises, “Fast Society won’t get you grounded or fired.” The app is targeted specifically for young people who tend to go out in groups. It is already sponsored by MTV, which is utilizing the app to promote its new hit show Skins.
The Fast Society guys cannot wait to have SXSW revilers party with them. “This is not your typical tech-networking event,” co-founder Matthew Rosenberg explains. “And Fast Society is not your typical social network. It is to be used in dangerous ways. We are creating a lifestyle, an idea, we are going to cause trouble and we want everyone to be a part of it”
Jetté Momant PR & Event Productions conducted media research and tailored media outreach in order to secure both local and national press for Fast Society.
We also managed the emailed event invitations and VIP guest list.
- SugaPlump Pastries Patron Cakeballs
Jetté Momant PR & Event Productions secured creative local additions to infuse Patron, the national drink sponsor of Fast Society, into the mix including: Austin vendors Amy’s Ice Creams supplying Patron milkshakes, SugaPlump Pastries, providing Patron infused brownies and Patron cakeballs, and Austin’s Furnish 123, supplying the VIP lounge furniture.
Jetté Momant PR & Event Productions helped secure 230 select tech media VIPs, from publications, such as CNN, Tech Crunch and Wired, to attend Fast Society’s SXSW VIP Lunch.
We also helped to secure over 4,500 RSVP’s for the SXSW House Party and an undisclosed amount of app downloads during the course of SXSW.
National and Local Media Garnered:
- New York Times: Start-Ups Are in a Rush to Bring the Chat Room to the Smartphone
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek Magazine: Group Texting May Be a Hit at SXSW
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek Magazine: Crowning the King of SXSW
- Forbes: A Users Guide to SXSW
- Fast Company: The Messy, Fragmented World of Group Messaging Apps
- The San Francisco Chronicle: Group Texting May Be the Next Big Thing
- Mashable: Group-Texting War Heats Up: Fast Society Comes to Android & Updates iPhone App
- Mashable: Group Messaging Faceoff
- Mashable: 13 Potential Breakout Apps To Watch at SXSW 2011
- TechCrunch: Fast Society Is Ready To Party At SXSW
- TechCrunch: A Group Messaging Roundup To Help You Stay In Touch At SXSW
- Cnet: For SXSWi, Fast Society leaves no cork unpopped
- Cnet: Transportation is Prime Turf at SXSW
- Associated Press: South By Southwest: ‘Entrepreneurs are the new rock stars
- Business Insider: Fast Society: Here’s How We’re Going To Win This Year’s Big SXSW Slug Fest
- Business Insider: Group Text Apps Take Center Stage at SXSW
- The Next Web: Why Fast Society is the hot party girl of group texting apps
- How to Geek: Fast Society Creates Mini and Mobile Temporary Social Networks
- Trumba: Austin Social Planner: Secret SXSW 2011 Guide
- IntoMobile: Group Messaging Apps For SXSW 2011 – Beluga, Fast Society, GroupMe
- Intomobile: Group Messaging App Roundup
- Yahoo News: Now, Group Messaging Apps Connect Real Friends
- The Street: Tech Start-up Bliss
- The Street: Hot, New Technologies Converge at SXSW
- Techland: What’s Going to be Huge at SXSW: Group Messaging
- Now Toronto: Make way for group texting
- NYConvergence: SXSW: Four NY Companies Look to Make Big Splash (#SXSW)